17.12.2018 – SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM FLOW
- Av. Ahmet Akcan – General Secretary of Turkish Law Platform
- Azer Ceferov – Deputy Minister of Justice of Azerbaijan Republic
- Necati Ceylan – President of International Jurist Union
- Dr. Ali Huseynli – Azerbaijani Confederation of Lawyers, Member of Parliament of Azerbaijan
- Yıldız Seferinoğlu – Deputy Minister of Justice of Turkish Republic
- Erkan Özoral – Turkey’s Ambassador of Baku
- Anar Bagirov – President of Azerbaijan Bar Associations
|100. ANNIVERSARY OF THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS – FOUNDATION AIMS AND EVALUATION FROM TODAY’S PERSPECTIVE||Dr. Ali Kerem KAYHAN – Yalova University||TURKEY|
|SOLUTION PROPOSALS FOR UNITED NATIONS’ STRUCTURAL PROBLEMS||Üzeyir KARABIYIK – Advisor at Ministry of Justice UN New York||TURKEY|
|GROWING IMPOSRTANCE OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE IN GLOBAL QUEST FOR JUSTICE||Dr. Fethullah BAYRAKTAR – Atatürk University||TURKEY|
|PROTECTION OF ISLAMIC UMMAH RIGHTS IN INTERNATIONAL LAW||Dr. Mahmud Al-MUBAREK – King Faisal University||SAUDI ARABIA|
|WAR REFUGEES UNDER THE 1951 REFUGEE CONVENTION||Prof. Dr. A. Hamdi TOPAL – Medipol University||TURKEY|
|SAFE ZONES IN INTERNATIONAL LAW AS A SOLUTION TO REFUGEE PROBLEMS||Assoc. Prof. Naim DEMİREL – FSM University||TURKEY|
|MIGRATION CRISIS IN 1990’s AND REFUGEE CRISIS IN 2010’s COMPARED: WHAT HAS BEEN LEARNT?||Senada ZATAGİC – PhD Candidate, Selçuk University||BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA|
|PROBLEMS OF LEGAL ASPECTS OF ASIAN MIGRATION AND REFUGEES IN TURKEY||Prof. Dr. Yücel OĞURLU – İstanbul Ticaret University||TURKEY|
|COUNTER-TERRORISM AND HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE DECISIONS OF THE EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS||Assoc. Prof. Dr. Selman KARAKUL – Medipol University||TURKEY|
|HUMAN RIGHTS AND UN MECHANISMS IN THE CONTEXT OF COUNTER-TERRORISM||Dr. Ahmet ULUTAŞ – Advisor at Ministry of Justice UN Geneva||TURKEY|
|INTERNATIONAL TERRORISTS’ PROSECUTION, CHASE AND EXTRADITION IN USA||Dr. Gülşah BOZBAYINDIR – Sabahattin Zaim University||TURKEY|
|CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY IN INTERNATIONAL LAW||Prof. Dr. Amir ALİYEV – Baku State University Faculty of Law||AZERBAIJAN|
|DISARMAMENT: A PENDULUM BETWEEN SECURITY AND PEACE||Ress. Asst. Serbest Can ENSARİOĞLU||TURKEY|
|GLOBAL SAFETY AT THE BREAK OF CIVILIZATION||Prof. Dr. Sergey A. KOMAROV||RUSSIA|
|INTERNATIONAL LAW AND DISARMAMENT||Nazir Bayramov||AZERBAIJAN|
|DISARMAMENT – ARMS CONTROL AND SECURITY||Prof. Dr. Metin AKSOY||TURKEY|
2. EURASIA LAW MEETING
The Eurasia Law Meeting, which will be organized this year for the second time, has aim to increase legal interdependence and cooperation and is based on building a just, peaceful and participative world for humanity’s common future.
In order to bring closer societies that live geographically close, have joint legacy and share same cultural codes it is necessary to develop relations both at the social and at the state level. If these relations are strengthened versatile in law, economic, art and social fields it can become very effective. The Second Eurasia Law Meeting, whose content is created with this awareness, provides coming together of lawyers and academics that have same cultural roots and their familiarization with the law systems they belong to. Contacts established between meeting’s participants shall be strengthened through potential future projects that can be realized or academic meeting to which they can invite each other’s. In this way, social, cultural and legal connections in Eurasia region will be strengthened, and the resolution of potential legal disputes in relations will be provided.
Lawyers and academics from the Eurasia region will be invited to the Meeting. In this way, strengthening of the relations between lawyers and academics from different countries of the same region is targeted.
The Second Eurasia Law Meeting, which will provide lasting relations between lawyers and academics from invited countries, shall also provide closer relations between the countries that share same history. Providing experience and information sharing between the Eurasia region countries shall also prepare the ground for new cooperation. This new cooperation between countries will prevent disputes and legal and cultural relations will be strengthened.
- Provide a sharing of local legal experience and information between lawyers from Eurasia region countries
- Strengthen and increase a legal cooperation between Eurasia Countries.
- Build a cooperation bridge between official and civil institutions in law area
- Provide an implementation of the joint projects between universities by academics
- Present a needed environment for experience and information sharing necessary for preparing joint laws between countries
- Provide for a continuation of the relations between lawyers and academics invited to the Meeting
- Develop high level relations between countries in the judicial area
- Provide for needed basis for foundation of joint Arbitration Center as a place for dispute resolution
- Provide for an investment and economic relations increase between Eurasia region countries.